Wednesday 11 March 2015

Selma

In History we are learning about the American Civil Rights movement. As part of the course, we went to see the Oscar winning film Selma yesterday. It stars David Oyelowo as Martin Luther King Jr. and tells of the march organised from Selma to Montgomery in 1965 in protest against voting restrictions for black people in Southern America. The film had an amazing cast including Oprah Winfrey, Common and Tim Roth.

I really loved this film. There were many parts that showed horrible racial violence towards innocent people. I found it shocking that this happened not too long ago. Some parts of the film were really sad and there were a lot of girls crying! I'm glad we got to go see the film and I'm more interested in learning about the American Civil Rights Movement now that I've seen it.


                                         
-Eve xx

No comments:

Post a Comment